RN, Registered Nurse - Emergency Room - PRN Job in Kingsville
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. The Registered Nurse (RN) administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. The Registered Nurse (RN) observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Registered Nurse (RN) participates as primary nurse, associate nurse, a team member or team leader in the planning and implementing of patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic technique and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) offers leadership and direction to all support staff within department.
The Emergency Department of CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg is a 12 bed unit organized and designed for the immediate treatment of emergency medical and/or surgical conditions. We have a Medical provider 24 hours per day with An Advance Practitioner 9 hours per day. The Emergency Department had been designated a Level IV Trauma Center by Texas Department of Health. The department is responsible for initiating lifesaving procedures in all types of emergency situations and for providing emergency care for other conditions, including chronic medical problems and minor injuries and illnesses. After emergency measures are implemented the patient may be transferred within the hospital, to another institution, or discharged home. Our average daily census is 60. The most frequent medical diagnoses seen are R/O Myocardial Infarction, Congestive Heart Failure, Pneumonia , Cardiovascular conditions, cardiopulmonary conditions, Diabetes Mellitus, Hepatitis, Pancreatitis, URI and Urosepsis. The most frequent surgical conditions are appendicitis, fractured hip and spontaneous abortion.
The ER staff work closely with the community by providing education on disease process and safety measures. We also volunteer our time and service to help out our local naval base during events such as “Wings over Texas” and our surrounding areas with events such as, “Beach to Bay.” Our team has been recognized for exceeding the goal for treating a MI or stroke patient. They have made changes to the overall flow in the ER to improve the door to doctor times and over all patient experience.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- One year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License or Compact RN License
- BLS (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required at time of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain ACLS by the end of the clinical orientation period.
- NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- TNCC required within 6 weeks of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain TNCC within 18 months of hire/transfer date.
- PALS required at time of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain PALS by the end of the clinical orientation period.
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.