RN, Registered Nurse - Emergency Room
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville
1500 East Houston Street
Beeville, TX 78102
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Emergency Room Job in Beeville
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Emergency Department at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Beeville is committed to creating an atmosphere of quality care and efficient service. We are a Level IV Adult Trauma Center, with 11 treatment rooms and dedicated areas for trauma, cardiac, stroke, and pediatric patients. The Emergency Department is a clinical environment suited to those who prefer a fast turnover of patients, a relatively fast pace and, it seems, a never ending workload. Many of us have of course worked in other areas gaining various levels of knowledge and expertise and have transferred to the ED where the term “Jack of All Trades “ is a common place reference to our skill set!
We collectively strive on a daily basis to ensure that our patients are given the best care we can administer. It is essential that everyone appreciates their value in such a team in order to help us achieve this.
In our Emergency Department we recognize the difficulty to balance a challenging career with a busy personal life. It takes some creativity to do it and we want to help you. To us nurse staffing is more than a numbers games. We made the commitment to empower and appreciate nurses by offering a flexible schedule. Here you are in charge of your schedule. The self-scheduling lets you work the shifts that suit your family life. For as long as the departmental needs are met, everyone gets to pick their own work schedule.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- TNCC required within 18 months of hire/transfer date ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of hire/transfer date