Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Emergency Room Job in Kingsville
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Emergency Department of CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg is a 12 bed unit organized and designed for the immediate treatment of emergency medical and/or surgical conditions. We have a Medical provider 24 hours per day with An Advance Practitioner 9 hours per day. The Emergency Department had been designated a Level IV Trauma Center by Texas Department of Health.The department is responsible for initiating lifesaving procedures in all types of emergency situations and for providing emergency care for other conditions, including chronic medical problems and minor injuries and illnesses.After emergency measures are implemented the patient may be transferred within the hospital, to another institution, or discharged home.Our average daily census is 60.The most frequent medical diagnoses seen are R/O Myocardial Infarction, Congestive Heart Failure, Pneumonia, Cardiovascular conditions, cardiopulmonary conditions, Diabetes Mellitus, Hepatitis, Pancreatitis, URI and Urosepsis.The most frequent surgical conditions are appendicitis, fractured hip and spontaneous abortion.
The ER staff work closely with the community by providing education on disease process and safety measures. We also volunteer our time and service to help out our local naval base during events such as “Wings over Texas” and our surrounding areas with events such as, “Beach to Bay.”Our team has been recognized for exceeding the goal for treating a MI or stroke patient. They have made changes to the overall flow in the ER to improve the door to doctor times and over all patient experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- TNCC required within 18 months of hire/transfer date ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of hire/transfer date