Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Emergency Room Job in Alice
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. The Registered Nurse (RN) administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. The Registered Nurse (RN) observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Registered Nurse (RN) participates as primary nurse, associate nurse, a team member or team leader in the planning and implementing of patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic technique and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) offers leadership and direction to all support staff within department.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice was built in 1999 to serve the healthcare needs of people in Alice and the surrounding communities. The hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center and is licensed for 186 beds and offers comprehensive medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency and intensive care, as well as cardiac and comprehensive services. At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice, Coastal Bend nurses can feel confident they have a place to work that will support them and help them grow professionally. The hospital has achieved the Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), recognizing hospitals which support and nurture their nurses’ development.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- One year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License or Compact RN License
- BLS (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required at time of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain ACLS by the end of the clinical orientation period.
- NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- TNCC required within 6 weeks of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain TNCC within 18 months of hire/transfer date.
- PALS required at time of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain PALS by the end of the clinical orientation period.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.