RN, Registered Nurse - ECC Emergency Care - PRN
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
RN, Registered Nurse - ECC Emergency Care - PRN Job in San Antonio
The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care. The Registered Nurse (RN) provides clinical supervision for entry level nurses and assists in their development.
Our 27-bed Emergency Department is designated as a Level 4 Trauma Center. The ED is capable of providing emergency, urgent and non-urgent care to patients of all ages. Patients in need of medical-surgical and sub-specialty services are seen and treated in the Emergency Department. The patients seeking care have a wide range of needs from basic ambulatory care to trauma intervention and life support. We are a primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) center and Primary Stroke Center. Currently working on an ED expansion plan to include the addition of patient treatments rooms as well as CT, X-Ray and Laboratory all located inside the Emergency Department.
CHRISTUS Health has a very strict Code of Ethics Guide. It is implemented in the highest standards and is part of our everyday responsibilities. Our actions are filled with a spirit of mutual respect, which encourages us to treat those we serve with compassion, respect and dignity.
Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive faith-based organization? Come and join our Westover hills family!!!
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- One year experience in nursing preferred. Will accept a new graduate.
- Current Texas State RN License or Compact RN License
- BLS (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required at time of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain ACLS by the end of the clinical orientation period.
- PALS required at time of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain PALS by the end of the clinical orientation period.
- Crisis intervention training required within 12 monthis of hire/transfer date
- For trauma designated facilities, TNCC required within 6 weeks of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain TNCC within 18 months of hire/transfer date.