3 DAYS - 12 HOURS
RN, Registered Nurse - ECC Emergency Care
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital
Share This Job On
RN, Registered Nurse - ECC Emergency Care Job in San Antonio
The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care. The Registered Nurse (RN) provides clinical supervision for entry level nurses and assists in their development.
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- One year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License or Compact RN License
- BLS (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required at time of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain ACLS by the end of the clinical orientation period.
- PALS required at time of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain PALS by the end of the clinical orientation period.
- Crisis intervention training required within 12 monthis of hire/transfer date
- For trauma designated facilities, TNCC required within 6 weeks of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain TNCC within 18 months of hire/transfer date.