RN, Registered Nurse - ECC Emergency Care
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital San Marcos
1301 Wonder World Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
RN, Registered Nurse - ECC Emergency Care Job in San Marcos
Responsible for patient assessment, patient care planning, and provision of quality nursing care to an assigned group of patients for a defined work period. Provides direction and supervision to LVN/LPNs, nursing assistants, unit secretaries and other clinical/clerical associates. By assignment, may function as charge nurse for the unit. Involves provision of patient care/service to older adolescent, young adult, adult, geriatric and pediatric patients.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos, which originated in 1923 as Hays County Soldiers, Sailors and Marines Memorial Hospital, opened at its current Wonder World Drive location in 1983. Our staff of more than 700 Associates works with more than 300 active and consulting physicians to provide quality services to patients and their families. For more than 20 consecutive years, we have been named The Best Hospital in Hays County in the annual “Best of Hays” publication released by the San Marcos Daily Record. In addition to interventional cardiac services, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos is a Certified Chest Pain Center and an accredited Primary Stroke Center. We lead the region in da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery and offers a variety of specialty care services including medical imaging, rehabilitation, hospice, women’s services and more.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- One year experience in nursing preferred. Will accept a new graduate.
- Current Texas State RN License or Compact RN License
- BLS (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required at time of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain ACLS by the end of the clinical orientation period.
- PALS required at time of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain PALS by the end of the clinical orientation period.
- Crisis intervention training required within 12 monthis of hire/transfer date
- For trauma designated facilities, TNCC required within 6 weeks of hire for experienced RNs. New graduate nurses must obtain TNCC within 18 months of hire/transfer date.