RN, Registered Nurse - Day Surgery OPSU - Shoreline Job in Corpus Christi
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
This Dan A. Hughes Family Hybrid Suite at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline is the only operating room of its kind in the region. This unique surgical suite combines the most advanced surgical and imaging technology available. With state-of-the-art surgical suites, our board-certified surgeons and experienced nursing team perform a broad spectrum of inpatient and outpatient surgeries, from minimally invasive to complex open-heart surgeries.
Take a peek inside the OR- https://youtu.be/4v0HwyUKZRE
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date