RN, Registered Nurse - CVOR Lead
CHRISTUS Shreveport / Bossier
CHRISTUS Highland Medical Center
1453 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71105
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - CVOR Lead Job in Shreveport
Oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities of nursing personnel for Cardiovascular surgical team. The RN utilizes initiative and strives to maintain a steady level of productivity and is responsible for the daily operations and case load for the cardiovascular case load within surgical services.
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years prior cardiac experience, which includes extensive experience, in all of the following procedures stated below.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Excellent customer service, negotiation, and communication skills
- Previous healthcare management experience, preferred
- Responsible for managing the preference cards for CV surgeons
- Responsible to coordinate with supply chain ensuring supply needs are here and ready for procedures on CV cases
- Responsible to motivate and encourage a healthy work environment within the CV and OR teams.
- Assist with planning and ensuring proper assignments for CVOR team.
- Hours are Monday - Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm
- Call is required - this will be based on the number of RNs on the team, and is distributed fairly between team members.
- Heart Holiday Call is required, equally divided among circulators.
- Heart call team is ALWAYS the back up to general call team as needed.
- Required to float into other service lines if no heart cases.
- Aortic Valves
- Mitral Valves
- Tricuspid Valve Repairs
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacements (TAVR)
- Ascending Aortic Aneurysm Repairs (AAA)
- Endovascular Procedures (Thoracic)
- Tevar Procedures
- Carotid Endarterectomy