7PM - 7AM
RN, Registered Nurse - CVICU
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - CVICU Job in Corpus Christi
Summary: Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
CVICU is an 8 bed ICU. The unit and staff are highly specialized in cardiovascular services such as post open heart, thoracotomy and vascular services. The RNs are tenured and work very closely with our cardiovascular surgeons and are highly trained in the care of the patients. Shoreline has been recognized for its cardiovascular care by leading medical groups. Our Heart Institute and Pavilion provide the most comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for cardiac care in south Texas. Our facility houses: 3 cardiac catheterization labs, 3 cardiovascular surgery suites, Cardiac rehabilitation unit and Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU).
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Unit Specific Requirements
- NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- EKG within 90 days of hire/transfer date
7pm - 7am