8AM - 5PM
RN, Registered Nurse Clinical Research Senior
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Medical Arts Plaza Tyler
619 South Fleishel
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse Clinical Research Senior Job in Tyler
Coordinates, directs and implements research protocols. Provides advanced nursing skills in an outpatient research unit and/or inpatient unit involving research related efforts. Responsibilities include assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating a plan of nursing care in a research unit using advanced professional nursing skills which may require specialized training or experience.
- Screens patients for protocol eligibility and participation in clinical trials.
- Participates in the coordination and monitoring of patient treatment and dispensing of study medication.
- Monitors and evaluates patient response to protocol treatment in collaboration with the physician.
- Provides education regarding study activities to patient, relatives and CHRISTUS staff as necessary per protocol.
- Collect and/or process human specimens per protocol including blood, urine, sputum, buccal swabs, etc.
- Performs other professional nursing duties, including administration of medications, as required by protocol.
- Prepares regulatory documents for Institutional Review Board and/or sponsor.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the age specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, age specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and federal agencies, the hospital, and other regulatory entities.
- Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing is required.·2 years of experience in Oncology Nursing is required.
- Previous experience in research is preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- Certification in speciality area preferred.