RN, Registered Nurse Clinical Documentation Specialist - Clinical Information
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS St. Patrick Hospital-10100
524 Dr Michael DeBakey Dr
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse Clinical Documentation Specialist - Clinical Information Job in Lake Charles
- RN; BSN preferred
- Basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer use (desktop and/or laptop).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding HIM coding standards.
- Analytic skills necessary to accurately assess patient medical records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team in order to influence physician documentation processes.
- Ability to walk and stand 80% of work time.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to workload/assignment changes and interruptions.
- Healthstream (HLC) modules completed by assigned date.
- Complete Associate Self-evaluation and give to Supervisor by assigned date.
- Attend 2 of the Associate Round Tables per fiscal year.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in an acute care setting in a clinical nursing field required.
- Prior experience in clinical documentation improvement, utilization review/management, discharge planning, quality management, case management or coding preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
- CPR required