RN, Registered Nurse- Clinical Documentation Specialist
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse- Clinical Documentation Specialist Job in Longview
Responsible for improving the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation on a concurrent basis through daily review of recent admission records and interaction with physicians, medical records coding staff, case managers, and nursing staff. Responsible for collaborating to educate physicians, coders, case managers, and nurses as needed in order to improve capture of clinical severity for the level of service rendered to all patients, especially those services with a DRG based reimbursement. Responsible for identifying process improvement opportunities and supporting the timely and accurate capture of measurements to improve patient care, as well as physician and hospital outcomes.
- A minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience.
- Registered Nurse with the ability to practice in Texas
- Graduate of a school of nursing.
- BSN or other related BS degree preferred.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Previous CDI experience required
For additional information or assistance with the application process please reach out to Michaela Ahlfinger at email@example.com or 903-426-3849.