8AM - 5PM
RN, Registered Nurse Case Manager - Case Management
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
CHRISTUS Ochsner St Patrick Hospital
524 Dr Michael DeBakey Drive
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse Case Manager - Case Management Job in Lake Charles
The Case Manager coordinates the care and service of a diverse patient population across the continuum of illness, promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal quality, clinical, financial and resource outcomes
- RN; BSN preferred
- Basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques that are central to the nursing profession
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and adapts easily to ever changing environment
- Proficient in computer use (desktop and/or laptop).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding Case Management, Discharge Planning & HIM coding standards.
- Analytic skills necessary to accurately assess patient medical records.Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team in order to influence physician processes.
- Ability to walk and stand 80% of work time.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to workload / assignment changes and interruptions.
- Healthstream (HLC) modules completed by assigned date.
- Complete Associate Self-evaluation and give to Supervisor by assigned date.
- Attend 2 of the Associate Round Tables per fiscal year.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in an acute care setting in a clinical nursing field required.
- Prior experience in utilization review/management, discharge planning, quality management, case management or coding preferred.
- Experience in the supervision and treatment of patients
- Familiarity with CMS, TJC, Interqual criteria, Milliman Care Guidelines and state standards and regulations
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
- CPR required