RN, Registered Nurse - Case Manager Job in Lake Charles
The Case Manager coordinates the care and service of a diverse patient population across the continuum of illness, promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal quality, clinical, financial and resource outcomes.
· RN; BSN preferred
· Basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques that are central to the nursing profession
· Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and adapts easily to ever changing environment
· Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding Case Management, Discharge Planning & HIM coding standards.
· Analytic skills necessary to accurately assess patient medical records.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a teamAbility to be flexible and adjust to workload / assignment changes and interruptions.
· Healthstream (HLC) modules completed by assigned date.
· Attend required meetings of operational communication.
· Minimum of 5 years recent experience in an acute care setting in a clinical nursing field preferred.
· Prior experience in utilization review/management, discharge planning, quality management, case management or coding preferred.
· Experience in the supervision and treatment of patients
· Familiarity with CMS, JC, Interqual criteria, Milliman Care Guidelines and state standards and regulations.
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
· CPR required