8AM - 5PM
RN, Registered Nurse Care Manager - Case Management
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital
Share This Job On
RN, Registered Nurse Care Manager - Case Management Job in San Antonio
This position provides expertise and leadership to insure effective resource management for patient care delivery (Conditions of Paticipation COP 482.30). Case Managers enhance the continuity of care and cost effectiveness by integrating the functions of case management, resource management, clinical documentation management, and discharge planning (Conditions of Paticipation COP 482.43). Daily and concurrently involved in the management of inpatient and observation patients by comprehensive assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluations of appropriate level of care. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure the above according to the mission of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required. BSN preferred.
- Proficient word processing skills in a Windows environment required.
- Ability to analyze and create reports and presentations via software applications.
- Familiarity with MIDAS and Meditech systems preferred. Bilingual (English/Spanish)preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years in clinical practice for population to be served is required.
- Case Management/Resource Management and discharge planning experience preferred.
- Milliman (MCG) Guideline and Interqual criteria experience highly preferred.
- Currently licensed as RN in the State of Texas required
- CPR optional
- Certification in Case Management preferred
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.