RN, Registered Nurse - A3 Cardiac ICU Job in Corpus Christi
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. The Registered Nurse (RN) administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. The Registered Nurse (RN) observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Registered Nurse (RN) participates as primary nurse, associate nurse, a team member or team leader in the planning and implementing of patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic technique and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) offers leadership and direction to all support staff within department.
Coronary/Medical ICU is a 24-bed multidisciplinary unit that provides care to a wide range of patients with serious medical, cardiac, and cardiac/surgical disorders or complications requiring the highest level of monitoring and treatment. Our team uses advanced technologies such as Swan-Ganz, Therapeutic Hypothermia after Cardiac Arrest, CRRT, and IABP, to treat and monitor diseases such as: Acute Coronary Syndrome, STEMI, NSTEMI, ARDS, Diabetic Emergencies, Drug Overdose, GI Bleed, Multi-system Organ Failure, Renal Failure, Respiratory Diseases and Sepsis. Along with the Residence the Medical/Cardiac ICU staff delivers uncompromised care in an environment of clinical excellence, collaboration, diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Unit Specific Requirements
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Coronary Oth (A4), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu), Ssh Icu/Micu 3 & Ssh Trauma Icu: NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu) & Ssh Icu/Micu 3: EKG within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Trauma Icu: TNCC required within 18 months of hire/transfer date Ssh Trauma Icu: ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of hire/transfer date