3 DAYS - 12 HOURS
RN, Registered Nurse - A2 CVICU
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
RN, Registered Nurse - A2 CVICU Job in Corpus Christi
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. The Registered Nurse (RN) administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. The Registered Nurse (RN) observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Registered Nurse (RN) participates as primary nurse, associate nurse, a team member or team leader in the planning and implementing of patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic technique and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) offers leadership and direction to all support staff within department.
CVICU is an 8 bed ICU. The unit and staff are highly specialized in cardiovascular services such as post open heart, thoracotomy and vascular services. The RNs are tenured and work very closely with our cardiovascular surgeons and are highly trained in the care of the patients. Shoreline has been recognized for its cardiovascular care by leading medical groups. Our Heart Institute and Pavilion provide the most comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for cardiac care in south Texas. Our facility houses: 3 cardiac catheterization labs, 3 cardiovascular surgery suites, Cardiac rehabilitation unit and Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU).
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Unit Specific Requirements
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Coronary Oth (A4), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu), Ssh Icu/Micu 3 & Ssh Trauma Icu: NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu) & Ssh Icu/Micu 3: EKG within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Trauma Icu: TNCC required within 18 months of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Trauma Icu: ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of hire/transfer date