Apply Now RN Patient Navigator/Part-TIme Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for managing, coordinating and integrating all Care Coordination services within CHRISTUS St. Vincent Health System. Provides Care Coordination services to patients based on person-centered acuity and coordinates patient in hospital or clinic setting. Contributes to a cooperative and accountable working relationship with other members of the Care Coordination system staff toward the goal of providing continuous high quality services to patients. Promotes optimal person-centered care that supports and empowers individuals, respects individual choices and meets health care needs of patients. Works side-by-side with clinical leaders in the development and implementation of protocols. May work in traditional clinic setting and/or in a training environment (residency program) or other areas as assigned.
EDUCATION: Registered Nurse, BSN in Nursing, preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current New Mexico Nursing License
- Considerable knowledge of health care facilities, policies and issues, and of the full spectrum of community patient care services
- Considerable knowledge of health care and social management principles
- Ability to coordinate various functions and activities for maximum cooperation and integration of services providers and persons receiving care within a clinic for continuum of care services
- Ability to direct, instruct and advise staff, and to receive and effectively react to day-to-day problems
- Ability to utilize strong communication skills, both written and oral, and effectively demonstrate an interactive style of care coordination
- Ability to understand and implement sensitivity and culture of care measures appropriate to a diverse population
- Ability to work with various levels of the CHRISTUS organization including clinical, financial, administrative and medical staff.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of experience in a health care setting and related experience with quality, care coordination and population health preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Manager of Population Health, Director of Ambulatory Patient Care Services
-Bloodborne pathogen: Multiple settings and variable unpredictable situations including inpatient, specialty and primary care settings
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to move around settings of care. Requires close work, good vision, dexterity to write as well as to use computer keyboard. Ability to handle stressful situations. Most possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.