5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
RN Patient Navigator Lead - Chemotherapy
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Patient Navigator Lead - Chemotherapy Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
The RN Oncology Patient Navigator serves as an advocate and patient care coordinator ensuring seamless coordination of services throughout the continuum of oncology care. The RN Oncology Patient Navigator serves as a point of contact for physicians, patients, caregivers, and medical institutions to provide resources and assistance with accessing oncological, preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, and survivorship services, as well as clinical trials offered within CHRISTUS Santa Rosa and in the community. This position is an advocate, coordinator, and facilitator for the patient in their dealings with healthcare providers and organizations throughout the continuum of care. The RN Oncology Patient Navigator will offer individualized assistance to help overcome healthcare system barriers. Utilizing the nursing process, the RN Oncology Patient Navigator will provide education, evidence-based medical information, and resources to facilitate informed decision-making and timely access to quality health and psychosocial care throughout all phases of the cancer continuum. At all times the RN Oncology Patient Navigator will maintain patient confidentiality and comply with HIPAA regulations.
· Associate’s Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
· Must be able to work in a self-directed environment with the ability to also work with teams.
· Requires excellent leadership, problem-solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
· Requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as well as excellent presentation skills.
· Must be computer literate; Microsoft Office competency required.
· Minimum 3 years’ clinical experience required.
· Prior experience in Oncology and/or women’s breast health highly preferred.
· Current Texas RN license required.
· Certification Oncology highly preferred (OCN).
· Certification as a Breast Care Nurse highly preferred (CBCN).