*RN - Nurse Residency
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
Registered Nurse (RN)
GSMC - Longview-15500
700 E. Marshall Ave.
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now *RN - Nurse Residency Job in Longview
We welcome all applicants who are planning to complete the RN examination/licensure process prior to the beginning of our next cohort. We are excited about our journey to nursing excellence and providing the best care and achieving the best possible outcomes for our patients
CHRISTUS provides a developmental and on-boarding program to help Graduate Nurses obtain the skills and confidence necessary for providing high quality patient care through evidence-based training and critical thinking alongside our recognized professionals.
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd makes it easy for you to transition from a student nurse to a confident, competent staff nurse. Each new graduate who joins the CHRISTUS Good Shepherd team will be enrolled in a comprehensive orientation and assigned to a preceptor. Your personal preceptor will be in your home unit and will support you through the program, show you the ropes and guide you through a structured curriculum of progressive skill development and patient care assignments.
- Must be a recent graduate from an accredited nursing school with little or no acute care nursing experience. BSN preferred.
- Must have a current, unencumbered RN license prior to orientation start.
- CPR certified by the American Heart Association; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended.
- Ability to accept shift designations post-hire.
- Demonstrate interest in professional growth and development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.