*RN - Nurse Residency
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Medical Center
2827 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now *RN - Nurse Residency Job in San Antonio
February 2022 New Grad RN Residency Program - Sign-on Bonus $10,000
We are currently accepting applications for our next new graduate RN cohort to staff various units within our hospital system for a February 14, 2022 start date. These positions are for graduate nurses or any RN with less than 6 months of RN work experience.
Work Location: This requisition is for all New Grad Nurse Residency opportunities throughout CHRISTUS Santa Rosa. Locations include: The Children's Hospital, Medical Center, Westover Hills, New Braunfels, and San Marcos. Please apply to this position to be considered for available specialty unit openings. A recruiter will discuss your areas of interest and opportunities available during the prescreening process. Virtual interviews will be held with unit hiring managers. You do not need to apply to other job postings to be considered for various units with the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Nurse Residency.
If you are a recent or upcoming nursing graduate, or an RN with less than 6 months of work experience, the Nurse Residency Pathway at CHRISTUS can transition you into the fast-paced hospital world with greater confidence, more comprehensive knowledge, and an enhanced set of skills.
Designed by nurses for nurses, the Residency offers a one year program that organizes and oversees all aspects of your learning. The ultimate goal: better, safer, and more consistent patient care.
In this nationally recognized, comprehensive, and evidence-based program, you'll be supported professionally and emotionally by our nurses who act as mentors, preceptors and de-briefers, guiding and evaluating your growth at every step. Augmenting your clinical learning will be interactive classes and skills labs taught by subject matter experts to strengthen your educational foundation.
We welcome all applicants who are planning to complete the RN examination/licensure process prior to the beginning of our next cohort. We are excited about our journey to nursing excellence and providing the best care and achieving the best possible outcomes for our patients. This is accomplished with a nursing staff having the best preparation possible in evidence-based practices and research-supported knowledge.
Real-time evaluation to keep you on track.
A fully-hosted Web-based suite of development applications offering 24/7 access to curriculum, clinical performance tracking, evaluation materials and real-time reporting. Rapid feedback enables you to track your clinical progress, connect with preceptors and other residents, and much more.
- Registered Nurse with valid, unencumbered Texas license (must obtain RN license prior to start date - February 14, 2022)
- BLS certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
*Please note that all Nurse Residency positions with The CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Children's Hospital require a BSN.*
To learn more about our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Nurse Residency locations:
- The Children’s Hospital: https://www.christushealth.org/childrens
- Medical Center :https://www.christushealth.org/santa-rosa/medical-center
- New Braunfels: https://www.christushealth.org/santa-rosa/new-braunfels
- San Marcos: https://www.christushealth.org/santa-rosa/san-marcos
- Westover Hills: https://www.christushealth.org/santa-rosa/westover-hills