RN, MedSurg - Full Time Job in Lake Charles
The staff Medical Surgical Nurse (RN) is a professional nurse and is a leader of an interdisciplinary team assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting care, and delivers the highest levels of care to the patient and family. Care is driven by the focus of compassion and servant leadership, thru an atmosphere that is continuously evolving. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Patrick Health System and demonstrating behavior consistent with the Core Values. Our Medical Surgical Unit at CHRISTUS St. Patrick Health System is a 29-bed unit. This unit provides care primarily for the younger adult, adult and geriatric population for all medical surgical diagnosis. Unit 51 is an excellent environment for newer nurses to hone their experience, and the experienced nurse to shine as a leader.
We offer flexible scheduling and engaging environment by promoting education and leadership among our team.
- Graduate of an RN program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of scope and role of the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Technician and Unit Clerk
- Valid Registered Nurse license within the state of Louisiana;
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support
Evening:7p-11p + $3.50/hr added on base rate
Night:11p-7a +$4.50/hr added on base rate