8AM - 5PM
RN Ld Act Orthopedics MFH Tyler A
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Ld Act Orthopedics MFH Tyler A Job in Tyler
Collaborates with the Clinical and Divisional Directors regarding daily clinical leadership for the nursing unit (s). Possesses exceptional customer service skills and fosters positive physician relationships. Serves as a staff role model by providing leadership that encourages team building, communication, positive attitudes and change.Supports the practice of nursing by modeling best nursing practice and adherence to ANA standards of care. Makes decisions based on current evidenced-based nursing practice and adheres to regulations set by regulatory agencies. Works interdependently to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Assures that unit based operational efficiency is framed in performance improvement standards that drive quality improvement activities. Supports and encourages the shared governance environment within the unit and hospital.
Participates in Human Resource activities: Interviewing, recruiting, coaching, counseling, and mentoring staff.Supports the clinical director in reaching financial operational goals by daily monitoring of staffing to patient volumes using the staffing matrix.Assures assignments and workflow are based on acuity and staff skill level. Identifies opportunities to establish cost savings initiatives related to supplies and equipment utilization.Knowledgeable and able to perform all clinical procedures involving the specialty and acts as a resource to staff in high census or emergency situations to insure patient safety.
- RN license for Texas
- BSN or equivalent or will complete within 3-5 years.
- MS or equivalent in healthcare or related field
- 2-5 years clinical experience. One year charge nurse, supervisory, management or other leadership experience
- 6-10 years clinical experience.
- 5 years charge nurse, supervisory/charge nurse experience
- PC Knowledge (Windows and Excel) Be able to create spreadsheets in excel.
- Experience with the EPIC documentation system or other computerized documentation tool
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Customer Service and conflict resolution skills.