5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
RN Interventional Radiology - Surgery Sedation
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Interventional Radiology - Surgery Sedation Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
Position supports the patient care mission of the Interventional Radiology Lab and supports staff flexibility goals by working as part of a clinical team and through effective cross-training. The individual in this position is qualified to provide high quality/acuity nursing care through appropriate medication administration, medication and procedure documentation; cross-train to perform hemodynamic monitoring and scrub assist. Performs assigned direct and indirect patient care in accordance with departmental and organizational goals. Operates all nursing related equipment, computers, and software related to direct patient care and documentation of care. Contributes to the general operation of the department by participating in managing/stocking supplies, keeping the work area(s) orderly, engaging in patient transportation, and post-procedure care as appropriate while supporting customer service initiatives. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development to perform procedures on and assist in the care of the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient. A current Registered Nursing (RN) License will be required for these individuals prior to employment.
• High School Diploma required. Graduate of a diploma, associate (ADN), or baccalaureate (BSN) academic program in nursing yielding a Registered Nursing (RN) License as required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and basic computer skills required. Prior Interventional Radiology-based training and advanced computer system skills preferred.
• Minimum of 1-year prior Acute Care hospital experience in intensive care, emergency care, or cardiovascular care required (e.g. Cath Lab, ICU, Cardiac IMC, ER); prior Interventional Radiology experience preferred .
• Current State Nursing License (RN) required.
• Current BLS required.
• Current ACLS required.
• PALS Certification Preferred (Required for Pediatric setting).
• PEARS Certification Preferred (Required for Pediatric setting).