Apply Now RN, IMC Cardiac Stepdown-Full Time Job in Lake Charles
About CHRISTUS Health:
CHRISTUS Health is a reputable, faith-based healthcare organization, dedicated to extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ through providing compassionate, high-quality healthcare services to our communities. At CHRISTUS we value what everyone brings to our faith-based mission of healing and our commitment to quality health care.
Cardiovascular Step-Down is a 31-private bed unit that specializes in cardiac care for patients who have had open heart surgery. We see cardiovascular/thoracic patients and families that are post CABG, heart caths, valve replacements, thoracotomies, and other cardiothoracic surgical procedures. We also see general medical surgical patients that may have a primary cardiac diagnosis/history with co-morbidities that may need telemetry monitoring, as well as those patients needing critical cardiac drips. On Unit 41, we train our staff to detect medical issues before they become a problem, so they can respond to those emergent situations quickly and confidently. We have many opportunities for assessments, patient/family teaching, IVs, wound care, lab value analysis and medication administration/ management. Our average nurse to patient ratio is 4:1. We offer flexible scheduling and promote a team environment. On Unit 41, we encourage communication and collaboration in an environment that is engaging and rewarding for our health care professionals, as well the patients on our unit.
- Graduate of an RN program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of scope and role of the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Technician and Unit Clerk
- Valid Registered Nurse license within the state of Louisiana;
American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Retirement savings plans (401k).
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays.