RN Coord PSN-OBS Mgmt PRN
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Registered Nurse (RN)
SRHC Shared Services-30600
343 West Houston
San Antonio, TX 78205
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Coord PSN-OBS Mgmt PRN Job in San Antonio
This position promotes effective and efficient use of resources for both the patient and the hospital. The PSN will ensure efficient and effective utilization of resources for patient care delivery by using hospital approved screening criteria (InterQual/Milliman/Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services "CMS" Inpatient List) to determine the medical necessity of a requested hospitalization and the appropriate placement or level of care for that patient. The PSN Nurse is actively involved in the management of inpatient/observation patients, by assessment and evaluation in level of care appropriateness and payer-driven initiatives. The PSN Nurse collaborates as necessary with other members of the health care team to ensure the above according to the mission of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care.
- Must have completed a formal School of Nursing
- BSN Preferred
- Word processing in a windows environment.
- This position is primarily in a hospital centralized setting
- Ability to analyze and create reports and presentations via software applications.
- Ability to move about unit and communicate with patients, medical staff and fellow associates.
- Must adjust to frequently changing workloads and frequent interruptions.
- May encounter body fluids and exposure to infectious disease.
- May be asked to work overtime or call with little or no notice.
- May be asked to travel to other CSRHC facilities.
- Familiarity with InterQual, Milliman, Meditech, and Midas preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee.
- A minimum of 5 years in clinical practice for population to be served is required
- Case Management and OBS process required
- License as RN in the State of Texas