RN Clinical Supervisor Job in Houston
Villa de Matel Center
Please note that this position is with the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word at Villa de Matel Center located in Houston, Texas. The Villa de Matel Center is the home for the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word. It is also used as a central gathering place for the Sisters and their ministries, a retirement center for the Sisters and a retreat center for the public. You can learn more about the Sisters and all of their ministries at their website, www.sistersofcharity.org.
This position with the direction of the Director of Nursing (DON) directs and coordinates the operations of the nursing department related to quality and efficiency of patient care; visits all nursing units daily to evaluate nursing care; advises and assists charge nurses with nursing and managerial problems/issues, demonstrates professional accountability for competency and growth. The Registered Nurse Clinical Supervisor assists the DON in some administrative duties, provides per diem coverages for Charges Nurses, assists Charge Nurses on clinic days, and on the floor.
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
· Communication skills – both verbal and written
· Ability to understand medical records, physician orders and nursing care plans
· Ability to communicate effectively with residents, Congregational Leadership, staff and other health care professionals.
· Understanding of Catholic Health Care Directives
· Minimum of two years previous nursing management experience preferred
· Previous human resources management experience preferred
· Previous financial management experience preferred
· Knowledge of drugs and treatment modalities used in geriatric practice.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
· Current RN permits or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners in the State of Texas to practice nursing.
· BSN preferred.
· Current certification in gerontological nursing or will obtain in one year after employment.