RN, Charge Reconciliation & Scheduling Coordinator FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Nursing & Nursing Support
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Charge Reconciliation & Scheduling Coordinator FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
This position oversees the Charge Reconciliation & Scheduling for the Surgical Services department. Responsibilities and oversight include maintaining accurate records associated with Charge Reconciliation and scheduling for multiple areas. This position collaborates with the Charge nurse(s) and Materials Management to assure proper instrumentation is scheduled as requested in a timely manner for all surgical cases. The CRSC also works closely with provider office staff entities to improve and enhance the interchange of clinical information and the computerized medical record.
This position supports strategic organizational goals using information technology to facilitate customer service, improve patient care and resolve business related problems. Integral to the role is serving as a key contributor in the selection of information systems.
CRSC may collect and manage data so that it can be used to analyze business functions, productivity and redundancies. CRSC may work to make sure that the data is collected properly, observing any legal or ethical standards are met, especially for data that involves personal information.
CRSC works primarily with electronic data and use complex software systems to maintain and organize data.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nursing.
BSN strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: R.N. with current New MexicoState license.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple systems analysis principles, practices, tools and techniques.
- Analytical Skills: CRSC coordinators must be able to analyze how data is coming in and how it will need to be organized so that it when it is needed, it can easily be used.
- Must be able to work under pressure, deadlines and in situations that demand patience, tact, stamina and endurance.
- Communication: CRSC coordinators work on teams with other coordinators, analysts, database administrators and others.
- Attention to Detail: Data is complex and can coordinators need to be able to look at the minute details to make sure it is being recorded and stored properly.
- Logical Thinking: CRSC coordinators need to look at what data needs to be recorded, and determine how to store it in such a way that it will be easily used in the future.
- Problem-Solving: CRSC Coordinators need to be able to solve data problems as they arise.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to present consolidated findings and recommendations to varying levels of leadership
- Must be a professional, self-motivated individual, possessing a high level of judgment skills and initiative
- Ability to take data and information from multiple sources and combine to create inferences
- Ability to deal with multiple independent requests, issues, and problems, concurrently
- Ability to work independently and maintain flexibility
- Strong customer service orientation
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a natural sense of curiosity, the ability to adapt to change, exercise initiative, and use independent judgment.
- Medical terminology
- Collects, analyzes, interprets and presents comparative clinical data; uses findings as foundation for process improvements. Coordinating and carry out analysis, designs, development, test and support. Supervising daily tracking and follow-up on inquires and issues. Coordinating and carry out analysis on applications. Giving support and guidance to users.
- Considerable knowledge of and experience with current system and application and design principles and concepts, including:
- Database design and optimization
- System and application optimization
- User interfaces and standard data entry methods
- Technical and operations documentation standards
- Ability to relate and work effectively with others
- Demonstrated skills in verbal and written English communications.
- Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational activities for own growth and advancement.
- Conversant with the workflow of an operating room environment and surgical scheduling requirements.
Proven ability to communicate effectively with users and staff who have a variety of levels of knowledge, skills and responsibilities:
- Assist personnel in the operation of computer systems and applications
- Develop user, technical and operational training courses and requirements.
- Prepare documentation, charts, graphs, project plans, training materials and other written communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Professional work habits and demeanor, including:
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines who may have varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to contribute to the effective functioning of that team.
- Strong computer skills
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of surgical nursing experience with progressive responsibility in complex information systems environments with a wide variety of Healthcare Management Information Systems applications recommended.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
Responsible to: Manager / Director, Surgical Services
-Bloodborne pathogen: C
General office and hospital setting with exposure to computer room and patient care evironment.
PHYSICAL and SCHEDULING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Some travel may be required (up to 10%)
2. May be required to occasionally work outside of normal working hours
3. May be required to work occasional long hours during critical problems or implementations
4. May be required to withhold paid-time off during critical problems or implementations provided adequate notice is given.
5. Ability to lift and transfer objects typically not in excess of 50 lbs.
6. Extended use of video display terminal and keyboard utilizing sound ergonomic principles.