RN Case Manager, PRN
Registered Nurse (RN)
1453 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71105
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Case Manager, PRN Job in Shreveport
The Case Manager facilitates clinically appropriate and fiscally responsible patient care through communication with the treating physician and all other members of the healthcare team, while incorporating Utilization Review/Discharge Planning interventions and working in close cooperation with hospital management. The Case Manager assesses and identifies the patient's physical and psychosocial needs and determines, in conjunction with established protocols and input from the treating physician, the health care services and venue of care appropriate for the patient. The Case Manager manages the patient's treatment prospectively through the admission process, concurrently through on-going case management while the patient is an inpatient in one or more venues of care and retrospectively through review of individual cases and identification of trends and patterns. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS Shreveport-Bossier Health System, and demonstrating behavior consistent with the Core Values.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Louisiana State RN Licensure
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an acute care setting. One year case management experience preferred.
- Current BLS
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with patients, families, and medical staff both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of various reimbursement mechanisms, insurance carriers, and third party payer requirements.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Shreveport-Bossier Health System!