5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
RN Care Manager - Case Management
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN Care Manager - Case Management Job in Corpus Christi
This position oversees the daily management of the Care Management Department. The position is responsible for providing expertise and leadership to the Care Management team to insure the effective utilization of resources for patient care delivery and administrative staff. This position will also enhance the continuity of care and cost effectively by integrating the functions of case management, utilization management and discharge planning..
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills applicable to the medical staff, administration, professional staff and outside reviewing agencies
- Strong organizational and written communication skills
- Self motivated, self-disciplined and holds self accountable for achieving goals and tactics in a timely manner
- Demonstrated hands-on leadership and operational responsibility in a large/complex healthcare environment
- Possesses strong personnel management and team building skills that result in a high performing team and excellent Associate job satisfaction
- Ability to successfully apply new learning to achieve expected outcomes
- Demonstrated excellence in negotiation, facilitation, influencing and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated understanding of financial operations and ability to meet/exceed expectations on an ongoing basis
- Integrates and interprets data from diverse sources addressing issues of moderate to high complexity
- Develops strong relationships with customers (i.e. patients, physicians and supporting departments)
- Minimum of five (5) years in clinical practice for population to be served
- Case management/Utilization management and discharge planning experience preferred
- 2 years Leadership/Management/Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of risk management and related issues
- Knowledge of current Federal regulations, PRO guidelines, sanction procedures, memorandums of understanding and JCAHO
- Understanding of medical-legal aspects of Performance Improvement
- Knowledge of clinical conditions, criteria and appropriate treatment plans provided to patients
- Knowledge of insurance utilization review standards
- Valid Texas Nursing License