RN- Cardiac Cath lab
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini-40100
3330 Masonic Dr
Alexandria, LA 71301
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN- Cardiac Cath lab Job in Alexandria
Position supports the department's patient care mission and staff flexibility goal through maximization of cross-training effectiveness. The individual in this position is qualified to fulfill high quality nursing care, hemodynamic monitoring, scrub assistant, emergency on-call, holding post- procedure area, and patient transporter. Fulfills this responsibility in the provision of assigned direct and indirect quality patient care in accordance with the mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital. It is expected that the associate shall support the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini strategic plan and the goals and direction of their Performance improvement Plan
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
- Introduces self/calls patient by name/makes patient comfortable with surroundings; uses AIDET
- Completes and documents initial physical assessment in a timely manner; includes all major body systems
- Ensures spiritual assessment/care; includes actual/expressed needs
- Verifies lab results/allergies; communicates/documents findings
- Addresses patient needs; administers medication based on individual patient needs
- Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into assessment/care
- Observes for and communicates changes in the patient's condition to the physician; documents within the patient record
- Performs reassessments at required intervals or as appropriate to the patient's needs
- Communicates frequently with the patient's family; keeps family informed of the patient's condition
- Assumes charge duties when called upon in a manner consistent with departmental goals
- Respects the hospital's resources by performing duties in an efficient and accurate manner
- Restocks and prepares room for procedures in a proactive manner
- Opens sterile packs; prepares instrument table and drapes patient while maintaining sterile technique
- Appropriately removes femoral/arterial venous sheaths; applies pressure to prevent hemorrhage/hematoma; checks pulses/removes R bands
- Monitors /operates equipment to gather physiologic and hemodynamic patient information
- Responds to patient transport needs in a safe, timely manner; always checks arm bands
- Accepts the responsibility for stand-by call procedures and responds within 30 minutes
- Maintains a professional attitude and performs duties acting as a true team player
- Plays an integral part in infection control by adhering to protocols for equipment and room cleanliness/disinfection
- Adheres to hospital/departmental safety/PPE guidelines and abides by protocol for radiation badge compliance and wearing of protective lead
- Ensures accuracy in patient records/patient charges
- Educates patient/family members; answers questions regarding all aspects of cardiac procedure(s) being performed and reiterates post-operative limitations
- Assists in teaching/explaining various nursing functions to individuals (i.e. student nurses, externs)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. English required, bilingual (English/Spanish; English/French) preferre
- Minimum of one-year experience in CCU/ICU or Cardiac Nursing preferred. Previous Cath Lab experience highly desired.
- Current Louisiana RN License.
- Current BLS Card.
- Current ACLS Card