RN - After Hours Nurseline PRN
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
Nursing & Nursing Support
1315 Doctors Dr
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN - After Hours Nurseline PRN Job in Tyler
Provides professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. The Registered Nurse is able to provide leadership in all situations, including emergencies, utilizing concepts of critical thinking, and creative problem solving to ensure positive outcomes. The incumbent of this position is able to delegate duties during an emergency situation in the call center environment. Works collaboratively with physicians within the team setting to facilitate quality care for the patient and should be familiar with the resources available in the community and the proper methods to refer patients to them.
- Performs telephonic nurse triage care to patients. Participates in a comprehensive and collaborative interdisciplinary approach to health care while viewing patient advocacy in nursing practice.
- Maintains competency in the performance of telephonic clinical assessment skills is able to function as a role model for all staff members.
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patient calls. Works with other team members to ensure adequate coverage for the call center and is flexible in sharing the workload when unexpected changes in staffing occur.
- May assume a leadership role within the team setting to direct and supervise the team members to foster positive outcomes for the patient and family.
- Responds to incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Orders, prepares, and inspects patients' charts. Maintains and reviews patients' records, charts, and other pertinent information in a professional manner following policies and procedures regarding documentation. Posts tests and examination results.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licensure and affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Provider Network policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control. Ensures department compliance with OSHA.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS mission and supportive of CHRISTUS Provider Network's cultural diversity objectives.
- Maintains integrity by supporting and complying with the CHRISTUS Code of Ethics.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One year of professional nursing experience in a clinic or hospital setting preferred.
- Possession of a valid State Registered Nurse license.
- Current CPR certification.