Revenue Cycle - Finance Manager Job in Houston
Provides oversight for financial reporting propriety for regional finance. Acts as liaison between regions and CHRISTUS corporate finance and accounting. Provides accounting support through proper application of financial accounting standards. Assures sound foundational principles are being applied for regional financial accounts, including timeliness in reporting, completeness in capturing financial activity, prudence in procedural matters such as account reconciliations, accruals, and the like. Resolves financial reporting and statistical reporting issues.
- Preparation of monthly financial package for hospital leadership.
- Responsible for preparation of annual facility budget.
- Preparation of mid-month volume and financial forecast for facility.
- Work with accounting team to ensure proper fiscal management, timely and accurate reporting and analysis for the organization.
- Participates/Leads in facilities Revenue cycle processes to include but not limited to charge capture, denials and Bill hold.
- Provide service and operations analysis as needed.
- Must be able to understand and be able to communicate industry rules and regulations.
- Must have demonstrated management ability
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Timely/Accurate reporting of financials to hospital Leadership Team
- Responsible for accurate and timely dissemination of internal financial reports.
- Participate in a variety of special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting or related fields of study
- Experience preparing financial models and budgets Advanced verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with stakeholders and vendors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required; Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL preferred Excellent organizational skills
- Management experience or experience leading teams Must be able to work in a team environment, prioritize and organize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization
- Healthcare operations experience, including but not limited to budgeting, planning, and capital management preferred
- Healthcare or Health Insurance experience, including but not limited to Medicare Advantage, Health Exchange and Population Health Finance preferred
- Four or more years of advanced experience in accounting, financial and operational analysis, or similarly related field
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) preferred