Respiratory Technician - Respiratory Therapy
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
Share This Job On
Respiratory Technician - Respiratory Therapy Job in San Antonio
This position is responsible for providing respiratory therapy, under medical direction, in the treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation and care of patients with deficiencies of the cardiopulmonary system.
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of or current enrollment in an accredited Respiratory Care Program
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word
- Work experience in inventory control and/or medically related field preferred
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification