2PM - 10:30PM
Residential Living Assistant
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS St Joseph Village
Share This Job On
Residential Living Assistant Job in Coppell
The Residential Living Assistant provides personal care services, assistance, support, and supervision to residents.
- Follow the assistance plan in providing services to residents.
- Assist in the development and updating of each resident's assistance plan.
- Do personal laundry for residents if so requested in the assistance plan.
- Strip and make residents' beds weekly; taken residents' linen to laundry for processing
- Assist in serving meals and bussing tables during mealtimes.
- Clean residents' apartments, on daily basis, as instructed.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene and mobility.
- Give residents prescribed medication or remind them to take medication.
- Assist residents with oxygen, ostomies and other medical problems as outlined in the assistance plan.
- Encourage socialization among residents.
- Assist with the activity program; conduct activities as directed by the Activity Coordinator or assigned by supervisor.
- Encourage and/or remind residents to participate in activities. Promote activities enthusiastically to pique residents' interest.
- Chaperone activities outside the facility when requested.
- Monitor health, safety and well-being of the residents.
- Document information pertaining to changes in residents' functional status, personal needs, appointments, etc., as requested.
- Assist in keeping the environment safe for residents.
- Provide one-on-one support/visitation to assigned residents on a weekly basis or as requested by supervisor or as specified in the assistance plan or daily communication log.
- Report concerns about residents to supervisor and coworkers.
- Respond to resident emergencies; provide first-aid assistance and arrange for appropriate medical attention/follow-up.
- Provide transportation services, using the company vehicle.
- Identify supplies needed to perform tasks and report needs to supervisor.
- Maintain an accurate record of chargeable services (transportation, cleaning, personal laundry, guest meals, guest room use, etc.). Submit record to supervisor by the designated date each month.
- Practice safety in working around and with equipment, chemicals, tools and utensils.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience
- Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures.
- Report on-the-job injuries to the supervisor before the end of the work shift on the day the injury occurs, but no later than 24 hours after occurrence.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations and personnel.
- Promote Joseph Village in a positive way.
- Promote teamwork in providing services to residents.
- OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures
- Fire and safety procedures
- Food-handling regulations
- Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, coffee maker, ice machine), office equipment (photocopier, telephone) and household appliances (vacuum cleaner, carpet shampoo machine)
- C.N.A preferred
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.