CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
Education and Research
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Research Coordinator Job in Longview
Coordinates, directs and implements research protocols. Provides knowledge and skills in an inpatient or outpatient setting involving research related efforts. Responsibilities include assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating a plan of care per study protocol.
- Screens patients for protocol eligibility and participation in clinical trials.
- Participates in the coordination and monitoring of patient treatment and dispensing of study medication.
- Monitors and evaluates patient response to protocol treatment in collaboration with the physician.
- Provides education regarding study activities to patient, relatives and CHRISTUS staff as necessary per protocol.
- Collect and/or process human specimens per protocol including blood, urine, sputum, buccal swabs, etc.
- Performs other professional duties, as required by protocol.
- Prepares regulatory documents for Institutional Review Board and/or sponsor.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the age specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, age specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliancewith all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and federal agencies, the hospital, and other regulatory entities.
- Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties
- Certified Clinical Research Professional or Certified Clinical Research Coordinator, obtained within 2 years of start
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in health related field, preferred
- Previous experience in research is preferred.
- Certified Clinical Research Professional or Certified Clinical Research Coordinator, preferred
- Phlebotomy, preferred
- Certification in specialty area is preferred.
- Completion of Human Subjects Protection
- Completion of Good Clinical Practice Education for Research Teams sponsored by the National Institutes of Health