Remote Outpatient Coder
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Remote Outpatient Coder Job in Irving
CHRISTUS Health System offers the Outpatient Coder position as a remote opportunity. Candidate must reside in the states of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma or Georgia to further be considered for this position.
Responsible for maintaining current and high quality ICD-10-CM and CPT coding for all Outpatient diagnoses and procedural occurrences, through the review of clinical documentation and diagnostic results, with a consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better. Coder will accurately abstract data into any and all appropriate CHRISTUS Health electronic medical record systems, verifying accurate patient dispositions and physician data, following the Official ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and CPT Guidelines. Outpatient coding is applicable towards clinical, provider office visist, therapeutic, laboratory, recurring, emergency department, outpatient observation and ambulatory surgery patient encounters.
Coder will work collaboratively with various CHRISTUS Health departments (Admitting, Charging, Patient Financial Services, HIM, etc.) to resolve charging issues, denials, physician documentation clarifications, to ensure accurate billing and reduce denials. Coder will also assist in other areas of the department as requested by leadership.
Coder will report directly their Regional Coding Manager, with additional leadership from the Director of Coding Operations and System HIM/Coding Director.
- Assign codes for diagnoses, treatments and procedures according to the ICD-10-CM and CPT Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting through review of coding critical documentation.
- Extracts and abstracts required information from source documentation, to be entered into appropriate CHRISTUS Health electronic medical record system.
- Works from assigned coding queue, completing and re-assigning accounts correctly.
- Manages accounts on ABS Hold, finalizing accounts when corrections have been made, in a timely manner.
- Meets or exceeds an accuracy rate of 95%.
- Meets or exceeds the designated CHRISTUS Health Productivity standard per chart type.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Assists in implementing solutions to reduce backend-errors.
- Expertly queries providers for missing or unclear documentation, by working with the HIM department and Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists.
- Participates in both internal and external audit discussions.
- All other work duties as assigned by Manager.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Completion of Accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to work independently in a remote setting, with little supervision.
- Two(2) years of Outpatient coding in an accute care setting.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (AHIMA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Professional (CPC) (AAPC) Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) (AAPC)