Reimbursement Coordinator II
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Reimbursement Coordinator II Job in Irving
The Coordinator, Reimbursement II is responsible for quality control and implementing the reimbursement functions at the CHRISTUS Health hospitals in order to complete Government required filings, determine the impact of federal regulations on hospital operations and maintain proper account analysis. This position is also responsible for review of third party accounts for all CHRISTUS Health facilities; preparation of monthly third party settlement entries for multiple assigned regions; and proper filing, audit and settlement of cost reports for multiple assigned facilities.
- Coordinate and review processes throughout the System specific to Medicare cost report software implementation, usage and maintenance for HFS cost report software and Toyon Absolute WPs workpaper preparation software.
- Responsible for teaching all Regions new reimbursement software to standardize a uniform Reimbursement processes during site visits, webinars and annual reimbursement meeting updates.
- Prepare and review cost reports, completing comparative analysis of the cost report versus the financial statement and compliance checklist prior to submission, for assigned facilities. Timely completion of work is required to ensure Medicare, Medicaid and Tricare cost reports are submitted by due dates to prevent loss of reimbursement to the facilities. Identify and pursue proper reimbursement methodologies in an effort to receive all reimbursement due based upon Medicare, Medicaid and Tricare Regulations. Responsible for mid-year and annual reviews of third party payable/receivables and providing documentation and analysis as needed to external auditors.
- Prepare monthly calculations and journal entries to properly maintain contractual allowance and related settlement accounts, for assigned facilities. Maintain current, correct account analysis related to program Income Statement and Balance Sheet accounts. Ensure monthly reports are prepared timely and accurately by supporting departmental Associates.
- Coordinate with all regional, the Medicare field audits, provide complete, proper and timely information, and review audit adjustments prior to issuance of the Notice of Program Reimbursement, for assigned facilities. Errors found must be communicated in writing to the Auditors during the audit, to ensure proper settlement. Prepare audit adjustment analysis to determine reimbursement impact of adjustments to as filed cost report.
- Review prior year cost reports for any items requiring reopening's or appeals. Prepare or assist hospitals in preparation of reopening's, providing support throughout the process.
- Monitor interim payment rates to ensure proper interim rates are maintained
- Assist in research of and implementation of regulatory changes at the hospitals
- Assist regional manager with monthly management discussion analysis and narrative
- Identify and pursue opportunities for correct reimbursement and review all reimbursement due based upon Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Serves as contact to assist outside consultants and/or Regional Leadership in preparation of reopening and appeal requests and subsequent position papers to appeal inappropriate settlements with the Provider Relations Reimbursement Board system wide.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in Medicare/Medicaid Cost Reporting and third party settlement reimbursement required
Deadline-orientated and ability to multi-task
Solid knowledge of accounting and reporting systems as it relates to third party accounting
Ability to interact with all levels of management and fellow associates, particularly non-finance personnel