Regulatory Documentation Auditor
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS SRH New Braunfels Hos-31700
600 N Union Ave
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Share This Job On
Apply Now Regulatory Documentation Auditor Job in New Braunfels
The position is responsible for facilitating improvement in the overall quality and completeness of the medical record documentation. The Auditor will provide support and expertise through comprehensive assessment and review of inpatient medical records. The Auditor will facilitate accurate DRG assignment and obtain appropriate documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, patient care givers and health information management coding staff to ensure that reimbursement is received for the level of services rendered to the patients.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree or higher in a healthcare-related field preferred
- Certified Inpatient Coding Specialist (CCS) highly preferred
- College courses in medical terminology and anatomy and physiology preferred
- Must be efficient and accurate in performance of coding tasks
- Must be able to accurately read and decipher handwriting
- Must be able to work with speed and accuracy and with good eye-hand coordination.
- Must be able to operate computer terminal and other office machines.
- Must demonstrate competency by achieving an accuracy rating of greater than 96% on hospital coding examination. To provide documentation of this to their manager/director.
- One (1) year pervious acute hospital inpatient coding experience preferred.
- Must possess a good background in medical terminology and anatomy and physiology as the fundamental of medical science.
- Must be knowledgeable of the application of the International Classification of Diseases and Operations, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification, (ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM), and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) and Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APC).
- Must be familiar with content and arrangement of the medical record.
- Must be familiar with the other functions in Medical Records and how they relate to the Coding function.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- CDS certification preferred
- Certified Inpatient Coding Specialist (CCS) required within 12 months of hire