Registered Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory Therapy Job in San Antonio
This Position is responsible for administration and documentation of safe and competent respiratory care as ordered per physician to patient with respiratory disorders.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Associate’s Degree in RT required, or equivalent (specialized training/military training).
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy highly preferred.
- Basic Computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve and be supportive/innovative in the process of change.
- Strong human relations skills with an ability to handle difficult/sensitive issues with regard to patient confidentiality.
- An ability to develop relationships with customers (i.e. patients, physicians and supporting departments).
- Previous experience preferred but not required.
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist for the State of Texas (TMB) required
- Current NBRC credentialing as RRT required
- Current ACLS required
- Current BLS required
- Current PALS required (must obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Current NRP required (must obtain within 90 days of hire. NRP not required for Medical Center)
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.