Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS St Elizabeth-00600
2830 Calder Ave
Beaumont, TX 77702
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN Job in Beaumont
Join the team at the hospital that was voted "Best Hospital and Best Workplace" by the readers of the Beaumont Enterprise.
Registered Respiratory Therapists are an essential part of an interdisciplinary team which provides diagnostic and supportive care to patients with a variety of diagnoses. Responsible for evaluating cardiopulmonary status of patient and recommending plan of care; evaluating patient response to care; revising plan of care, and communicating both verbally and in writing. Responsible for the appropriate administration of Oxygen therapy/aerosol therapy, ventilator care, respiratory treatments, performing diagnostic testing and/or monitoring patients. Educates patients and participates in discharge planning. Responsible for maintaining State and Federal Standards for Diagnostic Testing. Responds to off hour calls when "On Standby". This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System, and demonstrating behavior consistent with the Core Values.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Must maintain a valid Certificate to Practice Respiratory Care issued by the Texas Medical Board.
- Current AHA BLS Certification.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with patients, families, and physicians.
- Exceptional documentation and prioritization skills.