3 DAYS - 12 HOURS
Registered Nurse Transfer Center Lead
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS SR Ministry Administration Office Loop 410
100 NE Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78216
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Nurse Transfer Center Lead Job in San Antonio
This position should give high priority to customer service and complete customer satisfaction. This position should accurately listen and respond appropriately to requests made by transferring physicians, hospitals and peers. To ensure patients are assigned rooms in an expedient manner, this position will utilize all critical resources within the organization to expedite this process. This position must ensure all paperwork and computer entry is checked for accuracy and continually enhances their knowledge regarding processes. This position will coordinate the successful transfer and placement of patients entering via the CHRISTUS Command/Transfer Center. This position will effectively communicate with the surgery department, emergency department, nursing units, physician offices, and outlying facilities to ensure appropriate placement of patients in a timely manner. This position requires the ability to adjust through a rapidly changing environment. This position is a supervisory-type position, and requires knowledge and skills to manage workflow, and assist Director with reporting, scheduling, timekeeping, and other tasks as required.
- Establishes patient placement based upon medical necessity and appropriateness of setting and services.
- Ensures efficient and effective utilization of resources for patient care delivery by patient placement to appropriate level of care.
- Actively involved in the management of inpatient observation patients, by assessment and evaluation in level of care appropriateness and payer-driven initiatives.
- Coordinates patient transfers with admitting department, surgery, emergency, nursing units, environmental services, and housekeeping to facilitate efficient bed management.
- Collaborates as necessary with other members of the health care team to ensure the above according to the mission of CHRISTUS Health.
- Accurately enters data into the CHRISTUS Command/Transfer Center database to include, but not limited to, clinical, demographic, and insurance information.
- Maintains physician on-call list daily, and as needed.
- Communicates with the on-call physicians regarding bed status.
- Participates in data collection related to on-going process changes.
- Accurately searches for medical record number to expedite services.
- Completes required department reports as needed.
- Assists in managing workflow.
- Ensures processes are being followed.
- Acts as a resource for other Associates.
- Uses critical thinking skills as a guide on difficult cases.
- Performs service recovery as needed with facility and physician partners.
- Assists Director with schedule and schedule changes.
- Acts as a payroll system Timekeeper for the department.
- Researches VigiLanz reports and inactive cases as directed.
- Participates in personal and professional growth, development and continuous improvement in all critical success factors of people, service, quality, financial and growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred.
- Knowledge of overall Command/Transfer Center policies and processes.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with a positive attitude toward all professional contacts.
- Able to manage situations related to family, patients of varied ages and needs, physicians and other hospital departments.
- Proficient in use of computers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use multi-line phones.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and be on call as scheduled.
- Minimum of 5 years in clinical practice for population to be served is required.
- 2 years critical care experience preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License