Registered Nurse Peer Review-Med Staff Administration
CHRISTUS Shreveport / Bossier
CHRISTUS Shreveport Bossier Clinics 1505 E Bert Kouns
1505 East Bert Kouns
Shreveport, LA 71105
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Nurse Peer Review-Med Staff Administration Job in Shreveport
The Peer Review Coordinator is directly responsible to the Director of Medical Staff Services for leading all aspects of the peer review quality program. The Peer Review Coordinator, coordinates an effective medical staff peer review process that supports medical staff reappointment, advancement, and clinical quality in compliance with Joint Commission ongoing physician performance evaluation (OPPE), focused professional practice evaluation (FPPE) standards and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations. Conduct clinical reviews of medical records using critical thinking skills, pre-approved clinical indicators based on established definitions for peer review for assigned populations and provides timely feedback to executives, clinical management and physicians to ensure optimal quality patient care. The Peer Review Coordinator is responsible for Peer Review program assessment, planning, organizing, implementation, performance improvement, and education of staff throughout the organization.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or allied health field. Bachelors’ degree required and Masters’ degree preferred.
- Computer literacy is desired. Ability to read, write and speak English language.
- Minimum of three years of health care experience required.
- One year Peer Review and Quality Improvement experience preferred.
- Experience in peer review, outcomes reporting, clinical quality, patient safety, risk management, core measures preferred.
- Registered Nurse or other clinical license required.
- Certification in Quality Management (CPHQ) preferred.