Apply Now Registered Nurse Lead - Surgical Services Job in Corpus Christi
***This positions qualifies for up to a $25,000 sign on bonus***
The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities of nursing personnel in patient care units, provides direction to Clinical Staff, implements work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments.
The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead organizes and oversees patient care delivery during an assigned shift; ensures proper staffing and smooth operations of a patient care unit. The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead coaches/counsels individual team members; monitors and provides feedback on performance and addresses training needs. The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead documents daily staffing, operational and administrative records; maintains compliance with governmental policies and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead provides direction and support to nursing staff demonstrating and promoting respect for the dignity and rights of every patient ; assists with communications with patients and families.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
This Dan A. Hughes Family Hybrid Suite at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline is the only operating room of its kind in the region. This unique surgical suite combines the most advanced surgical and imaging technology available. With state-of-the-art surgical suites, our board-certified surgeons and experienced nursing team perform a broad spectrum of inpatient and outpatient surgeries, from minimally invasive to complex open-heart surgeries.
Take a peek inside the OR- https://youtu.be/4v0HwyUKZRE
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 1 year of experience overseeing work of assigned units
- Previous healthcare management experience, preferred
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support