Registered Nurse Lead - Surgical Services
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Nurse Lead - Surgical Services Job in Corpus Christi
The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities of nursing personnel in patient care units, provides direction to Clinical Staff, implements work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments.
The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead organizes and oversees patient care delivery during an assigned shift; ensures proper staffing and smooth operations of a patient care unit. The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead coaches/counsels individual team members; monitors and provides feedback on performance and addresses training needs. The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead documents daily staffing, operational and administrative records; maintains compliance with governmental policies and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) Lead provides direction and support to nursing staff demonstrating and promoting respect for the dignity and rights of every patient ; assists with communications with patients and families.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 1 year of experience overseeing work of assigned units
- Previous healthcare management experience, preferred
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support