Registered Nurse Lead - NICU
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Nurse Lead - NICU Job in Corpus Christi
Oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities of nursing personnel in patient care units, provides direction to Clinical Staff, implements work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments.
Our 24-bed Level II and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit allows premature babies and newborns with special needs to stay close to their recovering mothers. All babies who come to our NICU are critically ill infants who are born prematurely, typically between 24 and 36 weeks, as many of these infants have low birth weights with multiple medical problems. Our NICU also cares for full term newborns with medical problems. We have approximately 220 deliveries a month. Our NICU offers board-certified neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners available 24/7 to manage any complications with premature or critically ill newborns.
Although the fragile newborns we care for are sustained by sophisticated equipment, the NICU team never loses sight of the CHRISTUS vision and the healing power of “the human touch” through family centered care. Our staff is so dedicated to ensuring every mom and family have a great experience at Spohn South. We are a Texas Ten Steps facility which means breastfeeding is very important to us. We are on the journey to Baby Friendly Designation which places the infant and family at the center of everything we do.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 1 year of experience overseeing work of assigned units
- Previous healthcare management experience, preferred
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support