Registered Nurse Lead - A9 Trauma Step Down
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Nurse Lead - A9 Trauma Step Down Job in Corpus Christi
**This position is eligible for a $20,000 sign-on bonus**
Oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities of nursing personnel in patient care units, provides direction to Clinical Staff, implements work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments.
CHRISTUS Spohn Shoreline houses the region’s only Level II Trauma Center. The Shoreline Med/Surg Trauma Stepdown is an ICU overflow unit. Our patient population includes downgraded traumas including motor vehicle or bicycle crashes, industrial accident falls, pedestrian-vehicle accidents, gunshot and stab wounds, traumatic brain injuries, chest/abdominal, orthopedic and spinal cord injuries. We also treat patients on non-titrated cardiac drips. Our nurses are BLS and ACLS certified and are in the process of obtaining TNCC. The patient /nurse ratio averages around 5:1.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 1 year of experience overseeing work of assigned units
- Previous healthcare management experience, preferred
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support