Registered Nurse Lead - A8 Med/Surg Ortho & Oncology
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Registered Nurse Lead - A8 Med/Surg Ortho & Oncology Job in Corpus Christi
**This position qualifies for a $20,000 sign on bonus**
Oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities of nursing personnel in patient care units, provides direction to Clinical Staff, implements work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments.
The Medical Surgical Ortho/Neuro and Oncology unit at Shoreline hospital provides exceptional care for both Ortho and Inpatient Oncology patients. Our Ortho/Neuro RNs care for patients with elective surgeries, fractures from the ER, and neuro overflow. Our Inpatient Oncology department is the only acute inpatient oncology unit in the region. We take care of patients who come in who may have a new or existing cancer diagnosis. We treat them with chemotherapy/hematology interventions when indicated or may be treating them for symptoms related to recently having chemotherapy. We also care for patients who may have a secondary diagnosis related to having cancer. Our wonderful team is passionate about taking care of our oncology population. It is our focus to create an environment that can manage serious situations/conditions with the sensitivity needed to enhance and invoke physical and emotional healing that is reflective of CHRISTUS Spohn’s Mission.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 1 year of experience overseeing work of assigned units
- Previous healthcare management experience, preferred
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support