Registered Nurse Lead - A7 Renal Job in Corpus Christi
This entry level management position will be responsible for assisting the department manager in daily operations and staff leadership. Responsible for conducting performance evaluations and dealing with staffing issues. Assist the charge nurse with evaluation of admissions, discharges and patient flow. Supervise work activities of licensed and non-licensed associates. This position will be working a percentage of time as a staff nurse. Assists in communicating a shared vision, mission and values within the department. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care according to established standards, policies and procedures. Maintains an atmosphere that supports and encourages high performance, teamwork and continual improvement of associates.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Minimum 2-3 years Nursing experience preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- CPI required within 90 days of hire/transfer date for Emergency Services Departments.
- NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date- ED/ICU/Neuro/IR